Hickey can also be called a love bite. It is normally seen when partners are making out. It’s a bite that you romantically give your partner, which can turn red and later turn to purple color when it begins to heal.
It’s not always a bite; it can sometimes be a strong kiss on your partner’s body, but it’s always a sucking. The reason why it turns red is because of the broken blood vessels beneath the skin.
For instance. If you give your partner a hickey on the neck, it will be as if you are sucking out everything in that particular area, the skin surrounding the area will be in your mouth so that place will turn red because of the broken blood vessels beneath the skin.
There are many ways you can give your partner a hickey, which are listed and explained below.
So if you are interested in knowing every step of it, carefully go through this article and get every bit of information you need.
How To Give A Hickey
- Be mindful of the present condition.
- Understanding what hickey is all about.
- Ask for permission before giving a hickey.
- Build up the tension.
- Know where to give a hickey.
- Slightly part your lips and place them on the skin.
- Suck the skin.
- Smoothly and romantically end it.
- Relax and wait for the hickey to appear.
- You could make another hickey if your partner requests for it
How do you give someone a good hickey?
- Be mindful of the present condition. This is very important when trying to give your partner a hickey. You have to know when they are in good condition; you shouldn’t expect an unhappy person to enjoy a hickey because it involves emotions. So, consider the mood and situation at hand and know when to make your move.
- Understanding what hickey is all about. This is also crucial; if you do not know what a hickey is like, how will you expect your partner to understand what you are about to do? So, cool down and understand what hickey is about so that you will know how to go about it.
- Ask for permission before giving a hickey. Sometimes, some people don’t like it, and if your partner happens to be one, your plan won’t work. But to know that, you should romantically ask for their permission to do that; their response will determine your next action.
- Build up the tension. Building up emotions to achieve a successful and romantic hickey is important. Like I said before, the hickey goes with emotions, so you are supposed to build up the tension and make work easier for you. You can achieve that through romancing, kissing, hugging, and caressing; you can slowly move to what you want.
- Know where to give a hickey. This is so because some partners may not like a visible area, like the neck or any other place that people can easily notice. So if your partner doesn’t want it anywhere that will attract other people’s eyes, then do not do it. Choose a place that he or she likes. Hickey can be done at any part of the body.
- Slightly part your lips and place them on the skin. Part your lips slightly and come closer to place your parted lips on your skin. Do it with passion and achieve your goal.
- Suck the skin. Suck the skin of any area where your mouth is placed. Do not bite; just use your tongue and mouth but not your teeth. Suck the area in a way that will form a hickey.
- Smoothly and romantically end it. End the hickey but let it be smooth and romantic. Start by removing your mouth gradually from his or her flesh till your whole mouth is withdrawn.
- Relax and wait for the hickey to appear. Do not be in haste to leave after sucking the skin. You will have to relax and wait for the hickey to appear before leaving. You can lie your head on his or her shoulder romantically and chat for a few minutes so that the hickey can appear.
- You could make another hickey if your partner requests it. You can make as many hickeys as you want. Just wait for your partner’s order; if he or she needs more, you give another.
How To Hide A Hickey
- Make use of concealer
- Cover the area with a band
- Wear a scarf around it
- Apply cream if necessary
Do you bite to give a hickey?
A hickey (or love bite in British English) is a bruise or mark that results from sucking or kissing skin. It’s usually found on the neck or arm. Biting is a part of giving a hickey. However, sucking enough to burst small superficial blood vessels beneath the skin is sufficient.
Where is it best to give a hickey?
While the neck is the most well-known, you can give a hickey to any sensitive area. You can give her a hickey on the top of her breasts or inside her upper thighs for a more intimate and subtle mark.
How long do hickeys last?
Hickeys are formed when tiny blood vessels beneath your skin are damaged, leaving behind a visible bruise. Hickeys last from 2 to weeks. If you want to conceal one, you might spend some time in turtlenecks and/or using concealer.