Gond Katira is a well-known remedy for cooling down in hot summers. Mix this dissolvable gum with milkshakes or lemonades to reduce heat and prevent sunstroke.
Let’s find out more about the benefits and side effects of Gond Katira and how they can help you.
What is Gond Katira (Tragacanth Gum), you ask?
Tragacanth gum, also known as Gond Katira, is a natural gum made from the sap of locoweed plants. It is a white crystal form that grows and then becomes soft and gooey when dissolved in water.
Gond Katira Nutrition Value
Here’s the nutritional value for 100 grams of Gond Katira:
- Calories in Gondkatira – 70 Kcal
- Carbohydrates – 35g
- Fiber – 30g
- Hydrates – 5g
- Fats – 0g
- Sodium – 9g
Gond Katira benefits
Gond Katira has many health benefits that make it an Ayurvedic medicine. These are the health benefits of Gond Katira:
- Gond Katira to Lose Weight
Gond Katira is a natural detoxifier that helps to flush out toxins and boosts metabolism. Gond Katira’s high fiber content benefits your body by making you feel fuller for longer periods and improving your digestive health.
- Gond Katira Skin Benefits
Gond Katira is anti-aging and anti-inflammatory and can be used to reduce wrinkles and fine lines. Gond Katira benefits pimples include spot reduction and wound healing. It can also help with acne breakouts, skin pigmentation, and burns.
Tips: For best results, use this gum in face masks and face packs.
- Gond Katira Hair Benefits
Gond Katira improves hair health by giving it more volume and strength. Because of its high calcium and protein content, it can help with hair loss.
Tip: Mix Tragacanth Gum, water, Christ’s thorn Jujube, and water. This mixture is then dried and ground together. It can make a big difference in your hair after just one wash. It may help with hair loss.
- Gond Katira to Bones
Gond Katira is good for your bones because of its high calcium and magnesium content. It can help you regain strength. It helps to build strong bones and joints.
- Gond Katira to Digest
Gond Katira has many benefits for digestion and gut health. It also has laxative properties that prevent constipation. This gum contains enzymes that promote digestion and regulate bowel movements.
- Gond Katira to Urinary Incontinence
Gond Katira is a natural remedy for involuntary or urinary incontinence. This gum can help calm tightened urinary muscles due to inflammation or blockage of the urine.
- Gond Katira to Immunity
Gond Katira is a natural remedy for flu, cold and other symptoms. It stimulates the immune system and fights foreign pathogens.
- Gond Katira Pain Relief
Tragacanth gum is an effective pain reliever and analgesic. It acts on the nervous system to reduce pain sensations.
Additional Gond Katira benefits for females
Gond Katira has been shown to improve immunity and overall well-being. Post-pregnancy, women feel more tired and less energetic. Gond Katira helps postpartum women regain their strength.
Gond Katira is also known to increase the milk production of lactating mothers. It is high in calcium and protein, which is essential for mothers. It helps new mothers to manage their own lives while still caring for their children. It regulates blood flow, which is beneficial for both mother and baby.
Gond Katira and Milk Benefits
Gond Katira and milk are both rich in calcium, which is good for bone health. Gond Katira can be mixed with milk to cool and hydrate your body. This gum plant can be mixed with warm milk to increase fertility and sperm count.
Gond Katira can be mixed with milk to relieve headaches and boost immunity.
Gond Katira can be combined with warm milk if you have trouble sleeping at night. You will be able to sleep peacefully and your body will relax.
Gond Katira is used
Gond Katira is a wonderful product that has many health benefits and is highly sought after in other industries. Many industries have been able to thrive and advance because of Gondkatira’s adhesive properties. These are just a few of the many uses for Gond Katira:
- Gond Katira can be used to treat burns. It is made into a paste by using its cooling properties.
- Gond katira’s cooling properties, as well as its inert color and lack of odor, are why it is used in beverages, food coverings, salad dressings, food dressings, and other puddings.
- It is used in the food industry as a stabilizer, texture additive, and emulsifier.
- Gond Katira can be used in the cosmetics industry as an edge slicker or polishing compound.
- It is used in many industries, including paper and incense manufacturing.
- It is used in the manufacture of watercolors, pastels, and glues.
- It is used as a thickening agent for manufacturing dyes for textile dyes and calico printing.
Gond Katira powder
For the Gond Katira, the roots of Astragalus plants are tapped. The roots are drained of their gum in thin sheets, such as flakes or twisted ribbons. This is dried and then powdered to make the Gond Katira commercial powder.
Gond Katira powder is used for:
- Use as a soaking and fluffy Gond Katira for summer cooling drinks such as lemonade, chaas, or traditional sharbets.
- Gond Katira powder is used in salad dressings, thick sauces, and dips.
- This powder can also be used to make desserts such as jellies, jellies, and kheer.
Gond Katira Side Effects
Despite the many health benefits that this plant offers, there are also side effects to Gond Katira. Tragacanth gum can be safe but it can have the following side effects:
- If you don’t drink enough water, Gond Katira could cause blockage or choke in your intestines. Gond Katira can cause choking or blockage if it is not consumed with adequate water.
- Avoid this plant if you have an allergy. Gond Katira’s side effects for people with allergies can be serious as it contains noxious glycosides. To check for allergies before you begin to take this plant, make sure that you have a small amount.
- Sensitive people should avoid chewing gum in any form, including as medicine. These people may experience allergic reactions.
- Some people may experience breathing difficulties from Gond Katira. Avoid taking any form of this herb if you suffer from a breathing disorder.
What is the best time to take gond katira?
Because it has both cooling as well as warming properties, this gum can be eaten in any season.
Can we take Gond Katira with water?
Gond Katira is a drink that can be mixed with water. It is odorless, colorless, and best enjoyed when it is added to lemonades or sherbet, and other summer drinks that are cooling.
Can we take gond with milk?
You can add 2 tbsp fluffed Gond Katira and a glass of chilled milk to make it Rose syrup and sugar can be added to enhance the flavor and taste.
Is it possible to take Gond Katira during pregnancy?
Yes, Gond Katira has been touted as being beneficial during pregnancy. Gond katira is rich in calcium and protein. It can be used as sweet ladoos in the third trimester. Due to its mild laxative properties, it should not be consumed during the first trimester of pregnancy.
Is Gond Katira good for the liver?
Gond Katira can be used to treat liver problems. Gond Katira is a highly medicinally beneficial herb that has hepatic and cardiovascular detoxification properties. It can be used to treat liver cirrhosis and heart strokes as well as dehydration and other conditions such as liver disease.
Summarising Gond Katira (Tragacanth Gum).
Gond Katira, a cooling agent, can be used to relieve constipation, as well as pain control and heal mouth ulcers. It also helps with urinary leakage.
Gond Katira, in addition to the benefits mentioned above, is also known for its versatility in serving different purposes in different industries, such as textiles as a stiffener and culture medium in laboratories.