Our sleeping position is something that is very important but least ignored by people. We all have different sleeping positions, sideways (left or right), face up or face down.
The most common sleeping positionexhibited by most people is sideways but now the question is which way, left or right?
The best and most advantageous sleeping position sleeping is on the left side (sideways). Surely you’ll want to ask, why is sleeping on the left side the most appropriate way to sleep? That’s a good question and I’m sure that’s why you are here.
Reasons why sleeping on the left side is most appropriate
- It aids digestion: Yes sleeping on the left side aids digestion as your digestive system tends to be more relaxed thereby easing digestion.
- It prevents constipation: Oh yeah surely when your digestive system are not obstructed they’ll be no constipation as they’ll be free flow of digestion in the body.
- It helps the brain filter out waste: As you can see sleeping on the left side really has tremendous advantages. It helps the brain filter out waste as the body is in a free-flowing position.
- It improves circulation: A healthy body should have uninterrupted circulation and sleeping in the left side aids that because it’s a free-flowing position like I said earlier.
- It reduces heart burn: Sleeping on the left side drastically reduces heart burn because the position aids circulation.
- It aids optimal blood flow: This is best for pregnant women as it helps improve their optimal blood flow which is essential for the growth of the foetus.
- It helps cut sleep apnea: Sleeping on the left side seriously reduces sleep apnea and enhances good sleep.
- It prevents neck and back pain: Some people complain about neck or back pain when they wake up. This is as a result of sleeping in the wrong position. Sleeping in the left side prevents such pains.
- Support healthy spleen function.
- Helps bile flow freely.
According to research, the left side of the body is completely different than the right side. While I know it may sound strange, there is both time-tested wisdom and exciting new science that emphasizes the left side for rest, sleep, and very real health and longevity benefits.
With the listed merits above I believe you have seen why sleeping is on the left side is best or most appropriate.
Lastly always try and sleep on a good mattress as it helps massage the body while sleeping. HEALTH IS WEALTH so in everything you do please let your well-being be first.
Was this post helpful?