All men should endeavour to be a romantic partner. How the date, guides a man on how to best woo a woman. Another powerful romantic tool that a man can use is the love letter. Indeed, love letters have existed since the start of love. A love letter has been used by millions of men since ancient times to express or restate their feeling of love to their women.
Just like men, women too have written love letters and will continue writing them. However, since men have always been the hunter, in a romantic relationship, and usually have a problem to verbally communicate their feelings. Therefore, men are the ones who have traditionally written love letters.
However, there are many men who assume that their actions around their partners are enough to profess their love. They will clean the house for their partners, make them their favourite meals and sometimes go shopping for groceries. These men are then convinced that this is enough since they find it difficult to express their affections to their partners.
Inasmuch as they appreciate the effort men put in to show their love, these actions are not enough for women. Women are naturally programmed to respond to words and will, therefore, want to hear the man say the words. However, putting their feelings into words and making it sound realistic and believable is the greatest challenge for most men. It is even more difficult when you are sitting across a table and you forget everything you wanted to say. Therefore, so as to effectively express what is in their hearts, men prefer to write love letters. Love letters are going to be our primary subject of discussion.
Why Write a Love Letter
Love letters were a popular mode of communication by men who travelled far away from their homes for long periods of time. This was especially among soldiers who would go to war far away from home. Today, love letters are not very popular due to the invention of modern modes of communication. However, letters have some unique features that cannot be easily replicated in these modern methods of communication. One such feature is the tangible nature of a handwritten love letter. This feature gives letters a personal touch that may not be easily replicated in a text message. Whenever you write to your wife or your girlfriend, they preserve these letters and they serve as proof of your love to one another. The woman will preserve these letters for as long as the man is away and will cherish their memory even if he returns.
Love letters do not have to be written when your significant other is far away. In fact, it is more romantic if one writes to their partner when they are asleep and slide the letter under the pillow for when their partner wakes up. It is can be used as a way to express your feelings in ways you would not do while speaking. There is no limit to the number of times that women want to be told that they are beautiful and that they are loved. Women want their men to constantly confess that they feel the same way for them as they did the first time they met. This they cannot get tired of hearing. They are so obsessed with this confession that sometimes when another person is accused of unfaithfulness, they will want their man to assure them that they don’t have other partners.
How to Write a Love Letter
In order to write a good love letter, one must possess good writing skills and have knowledge of expressing their feelings. With these two skills, one can just sit down with a pen and paper and have his ideas flow freely. However, if you have a problem with either of the two skills, the flowing tips might be useful or else seek help from a professional letter rewriting service especially if you have a draft of your own
- Start off by stating the purpose of your letter. It is important that when your partner glances at your letter, they are immediately aware that it is a love letter. This clarity can be made at how you begin writing your letter. For example, a romantic lover can begin their letter with something like; “When I woke up in the morning and looked at your beautiful face, I could not stop myself from letting you know how much I love you. I don’t get to tell you this all the time but I just wanted to let you know that I love you”
- Recall a romantic memory. All couples are unique in one way or another and these have experiences and memories that are unique to their relationship. Therefore, it is important for a romantic lover to invoke one of these memories at the beginning of the love letter. This move completely captures the attention of your lover and touches her soft spots as you have shown that you also cherish the moments you have together. A romantic lover can, therefore, write something like; “I still remember the day you walked into Mark’s party in a red summer dress. My heart has never pounded so fast and just then I knew that you were the one. When I finally summed up my courage, I approached you with the intention of letting you know that you are beautiful but I ended up murmuring incoherently. You laughed at me”. Sure this will make your partner to love you
- Now transition to a section about the things you love about her. The transition from your memory to the things you love about her that make her special must be done cleverly. A romantic lover can use a phrase like; “ Ten years letter, and when I look at you, I still get butterflies in my stomach”
- Tell her all the things you love about her. It is important for a romantic lover to make an outline, separately, of the things they love about their partner before they put them in the letter. You could look at her physical features that make her stand out, those personality traits that you love about her and those little things she does that sweep you off your feet. After the outline, you can come up with sentences such as; the feeling your fingers give me as they are intertwined into my fingers is only second to the feeling I get when rubbing my fingers through your long black hair. Your smile ignites all sorts of fires in my heart but most importantly is your ability to find humour in even the grimmest of moments that impress me. I’m happy that you came into my life because I don’t know what I would do without your pancakes.
- Tell her how your life has changed since meeting her. A romantic lover can come up with a phrase like; “you have been the missing piece in my life. You compliment me in ways I could not imagine. I feel confident when you are by my side
- Reaffirm your love and commitment. “I promise to cherish you and put our love first. No matter what happens, I want you to know that I will never stop believing in our love”.
- End with a line that sums up your love. “As I love you today, I will love you till death do us part and I hope to grow old with you”.
The most important aspect of love later is being genuine and original. One should avoid being too flirtatious that the things they say are unbelievable.
We recommend that you read a letter by Sullivan Ballou that he addressed to his wife Sarah in 1861, just before the Battle of Bull Run.