Your lips are the most prominent feature of your face. You might agree. Although your genes determine the shape of your lips, there are ways to beautify them with make-up, proper care, and cosmetic-surgical procedures. Want to learn more?
This article will help you identify the type of lips that you have, what to do with them, and how to enhance your smile using the right shades and strokes.
What are the Types of Lips? How to Enhance them?
1. heart-shaped Lips
These tips are known for their prominent cupid’s bow. This means that the upper lip of these people has a noticeable dip in its middle. You may also notice a thicker lower lip.
Makeup tips for heart-shaped lips
- Use the same color of lipstick on your lips. Then, add a white pencil to the middle to enhance the cupid’s bow.
- You can also make your lips fuller by using a creamy nude shadow.
2. Top-Heavy Lips
This category includes those with heavier upper lips and a less prominent cupid’s bow. This is a very common type of lip for Indian women.
Makeup Tips For Top-Heavy Lips
- A lip liner can be applied around your lips to match their natural contours. A brush can be used to line your lips with lipstick.
- To make your upper lip appear smaller, use a darker lip color on it. On your lower lip, apply a lighter shade. This will create a uniform look on your lips.
- To make your lower lip look larger, you can place a white pencil in the middle of your lower lips if you don’t wish to use different lipstick shades.
- You can also use a pencil to extend the lining of your lower lips. This will give your lips a fuller, more even appearance.
3. Full lips
These tips are perfectly balanced with fuller upper and lower lips. These full, pillowy lips, with the bottom lip protruding out, are often the focal point of your face.
Makeup tips for full lips
Full lips are thought to be very attractive by many people. However, it is not something you want to focus too much on. These are some ways to draw attention away from your perfect pout.
- Use nude lipstick colors that match your skin tone.
- To shift the spotlight from your eyes to your eyes, use heavy eye makeup.
- Your cheeks can be highlighted to attract attention and make your face appear more balanced.
4. Lips with thin appearance
This category is for you if your upper and lower lips don’t look full enough.
Makeup tips for thin lips
- For a fuller look, be sure to go a little too far when lining your lips.
- To complete the look, you can use a liquid or matte lip color.
- For a more plump appearance, you can use a lighter shade of lipstick on your lower lips.
- You can also make your lips look fuller by applying a bit of lip gloss at the center of the lips.
- To create a subtle shadow effect, you can use an eyeliner pencil in a light brown shade to line your lower lips. This will give your lips a fuller look.
5. Wide Lips
You are most likely the person with wide lips if your smile extends to your ears. Your smile is a beautiful thing. However, it can be distracting from the beauty of your face.
Makeup tips for wide lips
- You can make your lips appear larger and more even by lining them up. This will reduce its width.
- You can add weight to your lips by overlining your lower lip.
- You can distract others from your lips by trying out a lighter or nude color.
- To divert attention from your pout, you can highlight other facial features.
6. Small lips
These tips aren’t wide but protrude and tend to be full.
Makeup tips for small lips
- Lip glosses can make your lips look fuller.
- Avoid dark shades as they can make your lips look smaller.
- For smaller lips, soft shades are often the best.
- Lips that are glossy and light pink can appear fuller.
7. Round Lips
These tips are distinctively round and do not have a bow.
Makeup tips to round your lips
- Use a liner to go a little beyond your natural lip line. However, you can still dip down towards the center. This will enhance your lips’ shape. Fill it with the color of your choosing.
- You may find dark shades that highlight your facial features more than your lips.
How to Take Care of Your Lips
1. Regularly exfoliate
Your lips can also collect dead skin cells, which can cause them to appear dry and dull. To keep your lips hydrated, apply a lip balm to your lips before you go to bed. You can also gently scrub your lips with your toothbrush in the morning.
To avoid damaging the delicate skin on your lips, don’t brush them too hard.
2. Avoid using Makeup Indoors
Lipsticks can dry out lips. Lipsticks can dry out your lips so it’s best to avoid applying lipsticks if you don’t need them. To prevent chapped lips, apply a balm or primer before you apply lipsticks.
3. Pay attention to what you put on your lips
Your lips are more sensitive and delicate than other parts of your skin. You should be cautious about what products you put on your lips. Avoid lip balms containing menthol, camphor, or phenol. For good lip hygiene, Dr. Koutam, SkinKraft’s Chief Dermatologist, suggests that you use honey, beeswax, and almond oil.
4. Keep hydrated
Lips can feel dry and itchy if they don’t get enough water. Your lips need to be hydrated just like your skin. Experts recommend drinking at least 2 liters of fluids daily.
5. Use Vitamin E On Your Lips
Vitamin E is vital for healthy lips and skin. Vitamin E keeps your skin hydrated, reduces wrinkles, and makes your lips appear plumper and younger. Vitamin E capsules can be opened and rubbed onto the lips by simply cutting them open.
6. Avoid Licking Your Lips
Licking your lips can contribute to dehydration. To keep your lips hydrated, apply a lip balm if you notice that they are becoming dry. Because of the enzymes in your saliva, it can make your lips feel even dryer.
7. Do not stay too long in the sun
The pigment that protects the skin from harmful UV rays is melanin. However, your lips are very low in them. To prevent UV-induced damage to the lips, use a lip balm that has a high SPF.
Did you know?
- An analysis of 299 people who used sunscreen on their skin revealed that only 37% used lip balms that had SPF ( 1 ).
How can I change my lip shape?
If used properly, makeup can enhance or alter the appearance of your features. You can change the shape of your lips by using different shades and colors. For help in choosing the best makeup for your lips, refer to the tips above.
2. Lip Fillers with Hyaluronic Acid (HA).
This temporary filler lasts approximately 6 months. These fillers can give you more defined lips. These filters are used to reduce wrinkles and increase the volume of your lips.
The HA lip fillers are very smooth and have a gel-like texture. You will see the final results within a few days of injection. They the most popular hyaluronic acid lip fillers are because they are easy to erase and cause little bruising. (2)
3. Collagen Lip Fillers
Collagen lips fillers might require you to visit the cosmetologist several times. Before the Hyaluronic, collagen lip injections were very popular. Collagen is a natural protein found in the skin. Collagen fillers can be used to smoothen out the lines and make your lips appear larger.
4. Silicon Lip Filler
These permanent lip fillers can be easily removed. These filters are typically cheaper than temporary ones. They can also be pre-made.
Keep in mind Dr. Koutam’s advice: “Lip Fillers can trigger hypersensitivity and allergic reactions in some people.” These incidents are rare. To avoid adverse reactions, you can consult a dermatologist before you decide to use the fillers.
5. Lip exercises
Yes! Lip yoga is very popular. You can do a variety of lip exercises and pouting techniques to achieve fuller lips.
Each person is unique in their way, with different sizes and shapes of lips. You can experiment with different makeup techniques to change the look of your pout every day. To make your lips look fuller or lighter, you can use darker shades to give them a plumper look. Professional help can be obtained to change the look of your lips.
Take good care of your lips. Use sunscreen lip balm to keep them moisturized and protected. To keep your lips glowing, exfoliate regularly. Keep smiling, most importantly!
Please Follow Us On Social Media Please Follow Us On Social Media