9 Foods That Can Defeat Diabetes
Diabetes is world the 8th leading cause of death. Diabetes consists of metabolic diseases in which a person has elevated blood sugar. High blood sugar manifests its self with different signs like- increased hunger, frequent urination, increased thirst and leads to dangerous effects like heart diseases, eyes damage and kidney failure. These different foods you are about to see will help fight diabetes to the last.
- Egg White. Very high protein content and low in carbohydrate, egg white is an excellent food in the control of this disease especially (type 2) diabetes. A large egg white contains 16 calories and 4gram of high quality protein. Consumption of egg white is a perfect food for blood sugar control and also for maintenance of weight loss.
- Research shows that a diet high in calcium from yogurt and other various calcium rich foods reduces the risk of diabetes effectively. Natural yogurt contains both high quality carbohydrate and protein making it a diet u can’t avoid while preventing or reducing high blood sugar. Also be sure to take low fats.
- Brown Rice. It’s a compound that enables the rice to reduce nerves and blood vessel damage from diabetes. According to research experts- soak the rice in water overnight which awakens the compound.
- Medical researcher found out that a diet high in monounsaturated fats and have very low quality carbohydrates may improve insulin sensitivity. Avocado is known for very high content of monounsaturated fats which are generally considered among the healthiest fats. Monounsaturated fats can improve heart functionality, especially for diabetic people with the risk of heart diseases and stroke.
- This food has a good amount of low carbohydrate mix of monounsaturated fats plus magnesium which is believed to be instrumental in carbohydrate metabolism. It is medically proved that daily high magnesium intake reduces the risk of developing diabetes by 33%. So endeavor to include more of magnesium rich foods like- spinach, almond, Swiss chard and pumpkin seeds in your diet. Swiss chard is noted globally as vegetable that regulates blood sugar. It is a quality source of vitamin C, vitamin A, magnesium and mineral zinc.
- Vitamin C. European medical specialists found that people with the most vitamin C in their bodies had the lowest risk of diabetes, although the link is not clear. Fruits and vegetables like broccoli, oranges, and strawberries are the best sources of vitamin C.
- Non-starchy Vegetables. Non-starchy vegetables such as broccoli, mushrooms, peppers and spinach are very good source of quality carbohydrates. These vegetables have low calories, nutrients dense veggies have low impact on blood sugar, and they are integral components of your diabetes food plan. This is also beneficial food for people that are eager to reduce weight.
- Cloves and Cinnamon. These are antioxidants contained in both cloves and cinnamon, to preclude abnormal growth or inflammation associated with diabetes.
- Wild Salmon. High blood glucose level can lead to increased deposits of fatty material in the blood vessels, which contribute to clogging of arteries. Omega 3 from food aid in reduction of the risk for heart disease, which is vital for those with diabetes, whose risk of cardiovascular disease is already elevated. Wild salmon usually known as sardines are not only rich in omega 3 but also contain a healthy fat and protein combination that allows the body’s absorption of carbohydrate, keeping blood sugars on an even level.
This disease is a very deadly one, but usually caused by ourselves from the various foods we take daily, and if this disease is already serious in your body is very difficult to manage. So the best cure is to be very care of what you are taking daily from the foods listed above. Your life your wealth.