The year 2020 is behind us and as news of vaccines is beginning to spread, the corporate world is also looking for a rapid recovery in later parts of this New Year. With millions of lives being affected by the pandemic, the economic activity suffered major blows across the planet. Now is the time for businesses and brands to recuperate and start building towards a retrieval of lost opportunities and profit yielding undertakings.
According to a recent study by Small Biz Genius, 73% of consumers love a brand due to its supportive customer service. Furthermore, a smart and intelligent selection of branding colors and themes improves brand recognition by 80% while it takes around 5 to 7 impressions for audiences to remember a brand. Moreover, the consistent representation of brands across multiple platforms offers you a tremendous increase of 23% in revenues. Additionally, brands that blog regularly generate 67% more leads while 89% of buyers stay loyal to brands that share their values.
In light of this information, let’s take a quick look at some of the upcoming branding strategies that you need to keep an eye out for in 2021.
This is prime time for brands to reinvent themselves which is why some innovative line of attack and methodologies has to be adopted. Here are some trends that can help you get through 2021:
- Introducing a Mascot – In time for some healing, you should consider creating a character as the face of your brand. The mascot has to embody the brand values and personify positive qualities that can allow people to relate with your brand and carry a powerful message about your business ethics and principles. Some powerful animal-based mascots include bison, bears, eagles, and horses, to name a few.
- Quirky Art and Representations – The age of millennials is upon us and pretty soon we will see Generation Z having their first taste at purchasing power. For aging brands, it’s time to revamp for the newer generations that are quickly growing in strength all across the globe. Here you can use hand-drawn art and introduce some funky vibes.
- Symbolization & Exemplification – Allow your brand to stand up for something. Find a cause worth fighting for and bring it to the notice of people. Make sure you relay important messages as to how your business is creating an impact on society and helping the community. Include transparency in your operations that lift your brand’s trust and credibility in front of audiences.
Logo Design Trends
There is no doubt that logos would continue to hold the centerpiece value when it comes to generating brand impressions. Hence brands that are looking for a new entry should not be looking for any cheap logo design cost as any logo design agency can offer them stupendous outlooks at a reasonable price. Major trends for 2021 include:
- Divergent Letters – Ranging from wordmarks to typeface, Divergent Letters is a logo design concept that makes the brand name the entire focus of the logo. In some cases, only one letter of the wordmark is emphasized while others follow in pursuit.
- Perspective Drawing – Incorporating subtle perspective angles, this logo design uses basic drawing techniques to offer a more linear viewpoint. With the help of curvature and foreshortening, the designers are able to create the illusion of depth without complicating the design.
- Stained Glass – Associated with sanctity fused with roots in the medieval church, this logo design is often used in conjunction with aesthetically appealing vistas of nature.
Web Design Trends
In a world that has become increasingly connected through digital platforms and the power of the internet, your website on the World Wide Web remains to be your most powerful virtual real estate. However, staying up with the latest trends can help you generate more traffic and deliver user-friendly experiences. This includes:
- Dark Mode – Though this is nothing new as the dark mode has been around for quite some time now, however, some businesses and brands are deciding to go overboard and bring out the best of this untraditional design. Examples include Clement Merouani, Raxo, and Yannis Yannakopoulos, to name a few.
- Minimalistic Approach – This style of web design focuses heavily on removing useless clutter from your website and is centered on offering maximum functionality. Only those elements that help in navigation and making user experience supportive towards visitor’s use are emphasized. Examples include Kickpush, Instrument, and The Oasis at Grace Bay, to name a few.
- Unusual Arrangements – Breaking the rules and going against traditional layouts to offer unique experiences is a way to attract users and offer them something unprecedented. However, designs have to be carefully planned so that they are not overly confusing to the point where they can impact negatively on visitors. Examples include: Heco Partners, R2D3, and The Goonies, to name a few.
Brands nowadays are looking to add value by becoming tech-savvy. This includes the inclusion of AI-assisted customer service tools such as virtual assistants in the form of chatbots. Chatbots infused with NLP (natural language processing) allow to hold lifelike conversations and record customer or visitor data for further inferences. Furthermore, blockchain technology is now being used to secure the private and personal data of your customers. For manufacturing companies, RPA (robotic process automation) is not only providing automated warehouse management but also uplifting the brand’s potential to overcome competition.
Thanks to the efforts of activists like Grete Thunberg, organizations are finally waking up to concerns related to global warming and climate change. This has led many establishments to adopt ethical operations and sustainable production process that effectively lowers their carbon footprint. Such efforts are being rewarded by general audiences and speculative buyers who have become increasingly conscious about their purchasing activities and the impact of their buying behavior.
This is neither a complete nor an exhaustive list of the upcoming trends for brands. Although I do hope that this post was able to offer you some meaningful insights as to how brands are shaping up to capture the attention of the masses in 2021. Right now the future is still too uncertain so all we can do is pray for the best and hope that this year offers us the healing we all need from the atrocities that occurred in 2020.